Using the pants I made with tpau a year ago as a pattern, I constructed a new pair of "traditional" SCA pants, with a few modifications. As before, the waist is elastic, drawstrings being far too annoying in my opinion. The elastic I used, while not quite as stretchy, is flat rather than ropelike and hides better. However, this did mean I did not have enough seam allowance for the crotch and had to add an 8-inch tube of fabric to the waist. My mother actually likes this look better; I'm still skeptical. Maybe it just needs some shiny trim. I did use drawstrings on the ankles, but rather than pleat the cuff and sew drawstrings onto the ends, I created a passthrough around the whole ankle. Lastly, these are of a much thicker weight linen, and a more fetching color, so perhaps I will cause fewer mothers to fret when wearing next-to-nothing at outdoor events in November.
Tomorrow: Tunic + maybe the next chapter in Cloak Wars.